Community guests filled Murphy Auditorium on February 21 for a presentation on the art of right-sized living, given by Caring Transitions. The idea of moving and downsizing your belongings can be extremely overwhelming for some people, but it doesn’t have to be.
Our friends at Caring Transitions shared some helpful tips to help prepare for downsizing or a potential move to a retirement community like Copeland Oaks.
Some of those helpful tips, which can also be found on their website, include:
- Create a plan and schedule.
- Don’t be ashamed to get rid of items that belong to other people.
- Reduce your inventory of seasonal décor items.
- Dispose of broken and outdated items.
- Start the process by identifying items you absolutely love and need.
- Be patient and prioritize your well-being.
For more tips on decluttering and downsizing, visit our friends at: