Submitted by: Corliss and Ron Vuksta, Villa Residents
Corliss says, “This is one of our favorite recipes! We have used it for years and used it when we were on the road as traveling inn-sitters. Makes a great breakfast/brunch treat!”
- 1 (18-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and sour cream in a large bowl. Beat 2 minutes with a mixer at low speed, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts in a medium bowl.
- Spread half the batter in pan. Sprinkle half the walnut mixture over top. Repeat with remaining batter and walnut mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Corliss also added, “When we moved to Copeland Oaks I began to purchase the pecans to use in place of walnuts from the Union Ave. Methodist Church that residents on campus sell each year as a fundraiser. They are really good and I have learned that nuts freeze very well to have on hand.”