This is the perfect soup for winter! Plus, it can be customized depending on the veggies you have on hand and preferred level of spice.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion chopped
1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
10 oz enchilada sauce (1 can)
8 oz cream cheese
14 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels drained
2 cups chicken breasts, cooked
1 cup chicken broth low sodium
2 green onions chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot, over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the enchilada sauce and cream cheese. Break down the cream cheese with a wooden spoon and cook until the cheese has completely melted.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn and stir.
- Add the chopped chicken breast and chicken broth. Stir and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until the soup is really hot. You don’t really want to boil this soup for too long because the cream cheese could curdle. If you find the soup is too thick, add a bit more chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions and mozzarella cheese before serving.
CALLING ALL COPELAND ASPIRING CHEFS AND BAKERS
Do you have a recipe you want to share? We’d love to feature it in our newsletter. Please submit your favorite recipes to the Marketing Office.