Also known as Ambrosia Salad or Heavenly Hash, this delicious dessert only requires a few ingredients and is easy to make. Not to mention it can be customized to taste or to whatever fruits are in season!
- 1 angel-food cake (loaf type is better)
- 1 8- oz. carton of whipped topping
- 2 (6oz.) pkgs. Chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 5 c. milk
- ½ c. chopped nuts
- Maraschino cherries (opt.)
- Slice the angel-food cake and use slices to cover the bottom of 9 x 13- inch pan.
- Make pudding with the 5 cups of milk and pour while hot over the cake. Cool.
- Spread whipped topping on the cooled pudding layer.
- Garnish with nuts and/or Maraschino cherries. Refrigerate.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- This recipe can be varied in many ways: lemon pudding with coconut topping, butterscotch pudding with nuts or cookie crumb topping, vanilla pudding with bananas.