Chelsea says “This is one of my favorite dishes to make – it’s so quick and delicious.”
1 ½ lbs flank steak or round steak thinly sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 green bell pepper sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1 red bell pepper sliced
½ onion sliced
7 slices provolone cheese
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- In a hot cast iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add peppers, onion, and minced garlic.
- Saute until the onions and peppers are soft. Remove the veggies from the skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the cast iron skillet and add in the steak.
- Add in the Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Allow to sear on each side, then cover and cook on medium-low until the steak is cooked all the way through.
- Once the steak is done, add the peppers and onion mixture back to the skillet. Cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Place provolone cheese slices on top of the steak and veggie mixture to cover.
- Place the skillet in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes until the cheese is melted thoroughly.