A classic recipe from Southern Living – you’re just six ingredients away from the best cake ever.
- 1 (18.25-oz.) pkg. Swiss or German chocolate cake mix)
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 10 (1.5-oz.) milk chocolate candy bars with almonds
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (12-oz.) ctn. Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to the package directions.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy.
- Chop 8 candy bars finely. Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy into whipped topping to make the icing. Spread the icing between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Chop the remaining 2 candy bars. Sprinkle half the chopped candy bars along bottom edge of cake. Yields one (3-layer) cake which serves 8 to 10 people.