Also known as Ambrosia Salad or Heavenly Hash, this delicious dessert only requires a few ingredients and is easy to make. Not to mention it can be customized to taste or to whatever fruits are in season!
- 1 8 oz tub of Sugar-Free or Regular Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 20 oz can of pineapple tidbits or chunks
- 11 oz jar of maraschino cherries
- 15oz can of mandarin orange slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Using a colander or sieve, drain as much of the liquid from the oranges, cherries and pineapple as you can. Keep the oranges separate from the other fruit because you are going to mix it in last.
- In a large bowl, mix together Cool Whip and sour cream. Mix in food coloring if you are using it.
- Carefully fold in the marshmallows, pineapples and cherries. Fold in mandarin oranges last because they are the most delicate and prone to fall apart.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.