Give this recipe a try from resident Gladys Wilhelm from Leetonia, OH
“These fresh apple bars taste just like autumn!”
- 3 Eggs
- 1 c. oil
- 1 ¾ c. sugar
- 2 c. diced raw apples
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Beat together eggs, sugar and oil.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture to egg mixture and beat.
- Fold 2 cups diced raw apple and 1 cup chopped nuts into the batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 15 ½ x 10 ½ x 1-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven; cover with confectioners’ sugar.
- Cut into bars & enjoy!