What Cooking at Copeland?
Festive Tossed Salad (serves 12)
Submitted by Villa Resident: Iris Andrews
Iris says, “This is great to take to holiday parties and potlucks!”
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
12 cups torn mixed salad greens
¾ cup dried cranberries
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup loosely packed fresh parsley sprigs
¼ cup chopped red onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook and stir pecans in butter until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar, coarsely ground pepper and salt.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, cranberries, blue cheese and seasoned pecans.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing.